Potterheads, this article is not for you, you must know all the facts I’m going to mention. But nostalgia does its thing anyway! Get your wands ready to read!
Usually, I don’t discriminate, but my dear mud-bloods, you’re going to listen to some interesting facts about Harry Potter that I and my fellow Potterheads have been reading for a long time now!
- Let’s start with a quick one. Did you know that Voldemort was 71 when he died? And Dumbledore was 115 when he was killed by snape? I mean, he could have lived more, can you imagine that? He was lively and all!
- Now, let’s move to more interesting facts about the book series, want to know what kept Hagrid safe? It’s the fact that J.K. Rowling always wanted to end the Battle of Hogwarts with him coming along and carrying Harry out dead. That scene we all cried upon was in her mind all along since the beginning!
- Oh, and after Harry lived again? He no longer could speak “snake”! I mean, he lost the ability to speak Parseltongue. Wouldn’t it be amazing if he still had it? Something that made him special and different as he always was?
- Also, this one is well known if you watched Fantastic beasts and Where To Find Them 2, Nagini is a person! She was a “Maledictus”, much like an Animagi, except that they didn’t have much choice in that.
- J.K. has stated after the series ended that she felt she may have made a mistake! Hermione and Ron? More like Hermione and Harry! She said that Ron and Hermione would have marital struggles and problems, wondering if Harry would have been a better fit for Hermione!
- Dolores Umbridge? The one we all hate? Well, good news! She went to Azkaban! The reason being that she took role in torturing innocent wizards and witches in Second Wizarding War. But anyway, we know why should she be thrown there, right? Oh and another fact about Umbridge, Stephan King thought that she was an absolutely brilliant villain!
- Here’s a sad fact and we’re somehow grateful that it didn’t happen, Arthur Weasly was supposed to die! J.K. was about to kill Arthur in the order of phoenix after being attacked by Nageini, but then saved him because he was a “good father” ( she also thought of killing Ron!) Instead she chose to kill off Lupin and Tonks, to make an echo of what had happened to Harry in the First Wizarding War.
- Want another sad fact? Harry was present for the death of every Marauder… I’ll just leave that here and move on…
- Moaning Myrtle is actually inspired by the “the frequent presence of a crying girl in communal bathrooms, especially at the parties and discos of my youth. This does not seem to happen in male bathrooms, so I enjoyed placing Harry and Ron in such uncomfortable and unfamiliar territory in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”, as J.K. stated in Pottermore.
- Now, let’s move on to some of the interesting facts related to the movies! I’ll start with my favorite, J.K. had actually tipped off Alan Rickman about Snape’s Motivations. Alan was actually picked by Rowling herself to play Snape. This has helped him to stay in character until the franchise ended. Following his death, Rowling shared with us what she told Rickman. “I told Alan what lies behind the word ‘always’,” and a little message from me to Alan Rickman… after all this time? Always.
- Did you know that Daniel Radcliff didn’t audition? He was selected by the director, because he was impressed by his performance in the movie The Tailor of Panama. And here comes another fact for you, Harry Potter was actually the second film for Radcliff!
- Oh and platform 9 ¾? It wasn’t filmed between 9 and 10, it was filmed between 4 and 5 because it was more cinematic! The shot of King’s Cross Station is also actually St. Pancras Station!
- Here’s something that always makes me sad! J.K. was asked to play Lily Potter but she turned it down because she was afraid she’d mess it up!
- But a thing that makes me laugh? Are the Dursley’s furniture the ugliest I’ve seen and intentionally picked to be so! That was to emphasize how unpleasant they were.
- Sadly, We wouldn’t have had Richard Harris even for 2 movies if it wasn’t for his granddaughter. She had threatened him to never speak to him again if he didn’t take Dumbeldore’s part! Yes girl, I would’ve done the same!
- So, the Dementors? Those creatures you thought they’d come and suck your souls? Well those represent Rowling’s depression after mother’s death! Anything deeper?
- And since we’re talking about J.K., did you know that several publishers rejected Harry Potter’s manuscript? I can’t imagine what they must have felt! The idea actually first came to her when she was on an airplane, and she wrote the houses’ names on vomit papers!
The Movie Culture Synopsis
So many facts, it’s a maze really! I’ve written two pages already and I can still go on! But the thing is, I only picked out the most interesting facts, the spellbinding, the ones that took my mind when I first read them. Harry Potter is so deep, coming along are many deep articles that explain hidden meanings J.K. intended to deliver!